How To Write/Type Black Heart Symbol/Emojis on Keyboard – ALT + 3
The heart symbol is one of the most popular characters on the World Wide Web and is used every day almost a million times. No wonder – it is considered simple expression of love, friendship, and solidarity. With this symbol for love, you can express a multitude of emotions with just one character. The power of the black heart symbol is pretty amazing if you think about it.
In today’s article, you’ll learn how to use some keyboard (or alt code) shortcuts to make or type the Heart Symbol/emoji anywhere like Word/Excel using Windows or Mac.
Using the Black Heart Symbol Alt Code (Windows Only)
The Heart Symbol alt code is 3 (for black Heart) and 9825 (for white Heart). Even though the Heart Symbol does not have a dedicated key on the keyboard, you can still type it on the keyboard with the Alt code method.
To do this, open your Word document and place the insertion pointer where you need to type the symbol. Then press and hold the Alt key whilst typing the Heart Symbol Alt code (i.e. 3 or 9825) using the numeric keypad.
This method works on Windows only. And your keyboard must also have a numeric keypad.
Below is a break-down of the steps you can take to type the Heart Sign on your Windows PC:
- Place your insertion pointer where you need the Heart Symbol text.
- Press and hold one of the Alt keys on your keyboard.
- Whilst holding on to the Alt key, press the Heart Symbol’s alt code (3). You must use the numeric keypad to type the alt code. If you are using a laptop without a numeric keypad, this method may not work for you. On some laptops, there’s a hidden numeric keypad which you can enable by pressing Fn+NmLk on the keyboard.
- Release the Alt key after typing the Heart Sign Alt code to insert the Symbol into your document.
This is how you may type this symbol in Word using the Alt Code method.
Black Heart Symbol/Emoji Shortcuts (Windows and Mac)
The Black Heart Symbol Shortcut for Mac is Option + 2764.
Windows has several shortcuts, some of these shortcuts works only in Microsoft Word. Heart symbol shortcut is one of them.
The Heart Symbol shortcut for Microsoft Word is 2665, Alt+X.
This shortcut works in Microsoft Word in Windows only.
To use this shortcut, obey the following instructions:
- Place the insertion pointer in the right place.
- Type 2665 on your keyboard, then press Alt + X. This will convert the code (2665) into the Heart symbol at where you place the insertion pointer.
Below is a breakdown on how to use the Black Heart symbol shortcut for Mac:
- First of all, place the insertion pointer where you need to insert the symbol.
- Now, using the Mac keyboard, Press Option + 2764 simultaneously.
Find Heart Symbols Online
The heart symbol keyboard option isn’t the only one. You can also find the symbol you like online and copy and paste it. This feature also works if you’ve inserted a heart into your document and you want to use it multiple times. Highlight the emoji you want to copy, choose Control + C, then paste it in the desired position by using Control + V.
Plenty of resources are available on the internet to find a heart emoji to copy. Sites such as GetEmoji.com and EmojiCopy.com have all the emojis you’d find on your phone plus some. Select the one you like, click Copy, and paste it to your document.
Using Insert Symbol Dialog
This approach isn’t as straightforward as the shortcut methods. But it’s fairly simple.
And once you get the symbol into your document, you can always copy and paste it again as and when you need it in your work.
Below are the steps to insert the Heart Sign in Word using the insert symbol dialog.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the Insert tab, click the Symbol button and choose More Symbols (These few clicks will bring up the Symbol dialog box).
- Locate the Symbol you want to insert.
To easily find the Heart symbol text on the Symbols window, look at the upper-left area of the dialog and select Symbol in the Font: drop-down list. The Heart symbol you want to insert is in this category and should appear.
- Select the symbol, and then click on the Insert button.
- Alternatively, double-clicking on the symbol will also insert the symbol into your document.
This is how you may insert a Heart symbol in Word using the insert symbol dialog
- Click the Close button.
As you can see, these are the various ways you may insert or type the Heart symbol on the keyboard.
My favorite method is using the copy and paste method followed by the shortcut in Word for both Windows and Mac. The Alt Code method also comes simple.
For any comments or questions about this guide, please let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading.
Was this article helpful?
Support us to keep up the good work and to provide you even better content. Your donations will be used to help students get access to quality content for free and pay our contributors’ salaries, who work hard to create this website content! Thank you for all your support!