Do you need a web integrator?
If your project requires a web integrator, here are some questions you should ask, and some advice.
You have a web project to implement, but do you know where to start? Do you need a web integrator in your project? Is a standard web (digital) agency enough? Making the right choice at this stage significantly influences the success of your project.
How to know if a web integrator is needed
To make it easy for you to decide, here is a selection of questions that will help you make up your mind whether you need to involve a web integrator.
Preparation and coordination sector
- Is it a large project?
- Does it require the involvement of other partners or possibly more than one of your internal teams?
- Does the project require strong management skills, with a focus on formality and the methodology used?
Marketing and communications sector
- Does the project require the involvement of other sub-contractors in other fields where the Internet is used – such as SEO, SEM, social networks, lead generation and others?
- Will you be involving your own advertising or PR agency?
User interface sector
- In addition to the attractiveness of the website, are functionality and user-friendliness of the interfaces important issues?
- Do you expect to use multichannel communications?
Development, technical and operational sector
- Will the project contain specific functional units, which require application of software engineering processes?
- Does your IT department make demands on the technology/platforms you use?
- Are you planning further development and require guaranteed response times tailored to your requirements?
- Is operation of the solution critical for your company/will it be critical? Does it require guaranteed access and a response from the supplier?
- Do you plan link ups with your internal systems?
- Are you expecting third parties to be involved in your internal systems or interfaces?
- Will there be a need for your project to provide structured data to your environment?
If the answer is YES to most of these questions, you will need a partner to help you with the project.
Was this article helpful?
Support us to keep up the good work and to provide you even better content. Your donations will be used to help students get access to quality content for free and pay our contributors’ salaries, who work hard to create this website content! Thank you for all your support!